db8 Social Media Share
|Release Date||2017-04-13 02:00|
The Social Media Share module displays social media icons that visitors can click to share a page with their own social network via social media. The module has 6 Icomoon icons (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Email and Pinterest) that can be styled via CSS or make use of the Layout Override for Font Awesome icons.
Share button only
In the back-end of the Module you can configure the order of the buttons and visibility (to make an icon invisible, set order to "0").
Image icons or CSS icons
You can choose between Image icons that are optimized for accessibility or CSS icons. When you choose CSS icons, you can load the default CSS, or choose to add the CSS to your own template CSS (for better performance). An url to an image (e.g. your logo) can be set in the "
- Armen Mnatsian @armenos - For help with making this module accessible.
- Marc Antoine Thevenet @MATsxm - for Translation of fr-FR language pack.
- Hans Kuijpers @hans2103 - for corrections + conditional loading CSS
- Nucleo - Free Social IconsNucleo - Free Social Icons - Sebastiano Guerriero, June 2015
- The icons were made with http://icomoon.io/app/.
- The icon colors are specified in the CSS file /modules/mod_db8socialmediashare/assets/db8socialmediashare_style.css
- Code & for submitting bug reports: https://github.com/pe7er/db8socialmediashare
- Please submit a review at: https://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension/social-web/social-share/db8-social-media-share/
Included language files:
-- db8 Social Media Share J3.x v1.7.0 [13-April-2017] --
# Accessibility + Added icons
-- db8 Social Media Share J3.x v1.6.0 [31-March-2015] --
# Conditional loading CSS + "Fontawesome" Alternative Layout
-- db8 Social Media Share J3.x v1.4 [18-April-2014] --
# Moved the CSS import to the tmpl file so that template overrides will be easier. Added minified version of CSS.
-- db8 Social Media Share J3.x v1.3 [17-April-2014] --
# Fixed for automatic future update notifications & one-click-update functionality
-- db8 Social Media Share J3.x v1.2 [16-April-2014] --
# Added information screen to Module back-end with links to documentation and github.
-- db8 Social Media Share J3.x v1.1 [16-April-2014] --
# Has 6 icons for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Email and Pinterest. The icon images have been replaced with icomoon icons made with http://icomoon.io/app/
-- db8 Social Media Share J3.x v1.0 [6-February-2014] --
# Added 1st version to github with 4 image icons for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Install, add the module to your site, configure the order and disable any unwanted icons. Visitors can click one of the icons to share the URL + subject of the page with people in their social media network.